I’m here to inform you of the two opportunities the Lord has given to me this summer. One is traveling to Albania and the other is in Poland. Both countries have broken political histories and are still under corrupt rule. Albania is predominantly Islamic, but the religious observance is lax and few Albanians consider their faith to be their driving force. Poland is primarily under Roman Catholic influence. With the Roman Catholic Church being one of the richest social organizations—owning schools, publishing agencies, and various other companies, it also heavily affects the political life of the country. This is the 6th year for this team to travel to Albania. The original team was 3 members ministering to one city. As of 2018, there are 40 people and 6 teams spread out over 3 countries in Eastern Europe. I’m humbled to be a part of two of these teams.
Our goals in Albania and Poland are three-fold:
1) We want to be ambassadors of Christ and introduce Jesus as the Redeemer, the Sovereign Lord, and the Great Healer. We want to make Him known to everyone – to some for the first time and to others in a way maybe they have not considered before. 2) We want to introduce Re:Generation's principles and other tools to disciple people toward a relentless pursuit of Christ that they may experience the resulting life change. 3) We hope to spur people on to a deep, abiding love of Christ. In all of these goals our purpose is singular – to be living testimonies of the grace, mercy, and love of God in Christ Jesus. We are the walking billboards of the power of Jesus Christ to redeem, restore, and transform lives.
Team Albania (June 29th-July 7th) We intend to minister to the young professionals living in Albania. Myself and eight others will be partnering with CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ) to lead a Young Professionals ministry in the Albanian capital of Tirana. Our mission is to build loving relationships with young professionals, teach them skills for the business world, and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our hope is that their hearts will be stirred into a loving relationship with the Lord so that they may know the peace, joy, and freedom laid out in Philippians 3:7-8 “But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.”
Team Poland (July 7th- July 15th) As you all know I have been in recovery for alcohol and addiction for several years. What you may not know is the main program the Lord has used to speak into that recovery is called Re:Generation. This is a biblically-based, 12-step discipleship program for healing, recovery, and freedom from any type of struggle. It is based on the 12 steps of AA; however, Christ is integral as the healer and redeemer. Re:Generation makes that connection for hurting people abundantly clear. My being on a team with fellow believers in recovery working to “plant” this program overseas is absolute proof of 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” Our team will be hosting a recovery retreat for 40-50 people. These individuals have all expressed an interest in the retreat due to their own addictions and sin struggles, or because of the struggles of a family member. The participants will be a mix of CRU leadership, CRU partners, friends and acquaintances, representing a spectrum of spiritual maturity ranging from non-believers to nominal “Christians” to mature believers in CRU leadership.
There are several ways in which you can join me in this journey! So, here is my ask…I need your support...
Prayers FIRST and ABOVE ALL ELSE!!!
• Pray for the Young Adults we will be working with in Albania and the recovery retreat attendees in Poland to have softened hearts. Our sin structure tightens up when the light starts shining in.
• Pray for our Team Leaders and the other members going with me to be BOLD and courageous in our faiths.
• This is my first international trip and, as a history lover, I really need your prayers for my heart and focus to be on the mission, not the travel opportunity or any other distractions the enemy might use.
• Finally, that you would please prayerfully consider partnering with me financially so that I am able to walk out the Lord’s call of The Great Commission found in Matthew 28:19-20, which states, “Therefore, go and make disciples of ALL nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
Ways to Donate:
Online giving instructions (most preferred and easiest):
Select or type your desired amount and then Click Add to Gift Cart, then you may Proceed to Checkout. You will be prompted to fill out the page and provide credit card information to complete the process.
You can also donate by Telephone:
Please call (888) 278-7233 to make a credit card donation by phone
Tell the Cru representative the following information: “Project 1000551 - Lauren Horner” and they will be more than happy to assist you.
For supporters not needing a tax receipt Cash or Check is always an option.
If you have any questions, please let me know (214-710-0566). Thank you for your love & support!