In 1976, Campus Crusade expanded its outreach to young families with the creation of Family Ministry, which focused on providing pre-marriage seminars to its staff members. Co-founders of the new organization included Dennis and Barbara Rainey, Don and Sally Meredith, and Mick and Helen Yoder.
From this simple beginning, Family Ministry grew and transformed. Married staff members saw the value in the work and asked for seminars on marriage. In 1978, in response to demand from community leaders, pastors and couples throughout the country, Family Ministry (now known as FamilyLife) opened its pre-marriage and marriage conferences to the public. We have been offering these tools for change ever since.
FamilyLife provides multiple resources that help people build stronger homes and communities. Since the organization first began, millions of people have attended our conferences, and even more people have utilized FamilyLife's other resources to help them lead godly lives. FamilyLife's tools for change include:
- Popular radio programs like FamilyLife Today, FamilyLife This Week, Real FamilyLife, FamilyLife Sunday Nights, and Revive Our HeartsTM, which provide practical answers drawn from the Bible to issues faced by couples and families today
- Weekend to Remember marriage getaways that change lives and strengthen marriages
- The Art of Marriage, a new one-and-a-half day video event built on the same biblically based content as our Weekend to Remember marriage getaways
- LifeReady, our strategy to unburden the pastor and unleash lay people into proactive marriage and family ministry using video resources
- eMentoringTM, a social network system designed to connect trained mentors with those who have similar needs and experiences
- HomeBuilders Couples Series and Parenting Series, offering small-group Bible study dedicated to making the relationship with your spouse and children all that God intended
- Popular resources like Passport2Purity, Resurrection Eggs, and Simply Romantic Nights--all designed to help husbands and wives, or parents and children, connect with each other and build godly relationships
- FamilyLife.com for 24/7 access to articles, podcasts, videos, and other at-your-fingertips marriage and family resources as well as training and equipping
FamilyLife experts have devoted their lives bringing biblical principles to people in ways that positively change their lives. At the heart of our organization is a volunteer network of more than 10,000 couples nationwide who help us bring God's message to their communities. Through the guidance of our experts and with the help of our lay ministry, FamilyLife has developed into a vibrant and visionary organization that brings help for today and hope for tomorrow to marriages and families around the world. Together, we can
Grab a tool ... Change a home ... Change the world!
For more information about FamilyLife, visit www.FamilyLife.com.