For over 30 years, God has been faithfully working through the ministry of Cru to reach college students in Southern Colorado with the gospel. Our mission has remained the same: turning lost students into lifelong, Christ-centered laborers. This year has been no exception as God has been at work in exciting ways.
This fall, we handed out over 1,500 spiritual interest questionnaires.
- Over 950 asked for more information (69% positive!)
- Over the first several weeks of fall semester, our staff and student leaders met with over 200 students face-to-face to share Christ with them.
- As a result of this outreach and others throughout the year, 21 students received Christ and many Christian students became involved in our community, with over 150 students being involved in our movement at UCCS alone.
Here are a few more ways that God has been at work in our ministries this year:
- We continued to build our 3 movements at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS), Colorado State University Pueblo (CSUP), and Otero Junior College (OJC).
- Over 100 students from our 3 Southern Colorado campuses joined us for our Fall Retreat.
- 70 students attended our annual SoCo Winter Retreat, where they were equipped in how to make disciples. We were able to launch a new outreach at this event. See the next section to hear the results.
- God raised up 9 community groups (small group Bible-studies) at UCCS
- We began the school year with over 35 student leaders across our 3 movements and are ending the year by challenging an additional 30+ students to join us as leaders next school year.
- Lastly, we have 7 seniors graduating on mission, 2 of which will be joining us as Southern Colorado Interns this coming fall.
We also got to trust God for some new things this year!
- 180 Story Outreach
- As mentioned above, after our Winter Retreat, we launched an outreach titled #180Story. Our students participated by recording a video of their 180 Story - the story of how their lives were headed in one direction and Jesus changed their lives 180 degrees. We had all the students upload their videos to our YouTube channel and then shared their videos and other students' videos on social media, as well as invite friends to watch and discuss their video. As a result, over 5,200 people viewed the videos and students had the opportunity to engage in lots of spiritual conversations with friends and family.
- Estonia International Partnership
- Our movement launched a brand new partnership with the Cru ministry in Tartu, Estonia. Before the COVID restrictions, our staff team, as well as over 25 students, were set to spend 6 weeks on our first ever Estonia Summer Mission.
We invite you to visit the Fellowship Dinner section of our website to hear some of our students' stories of how God was at work in their lives this school year.
We believe the most significant years of the mission are still ahead of us. Would you partner with us by doing the following three things?
1. Pray and ask God to provide $75,000 to accelerate our growth and take advantage of the opportunities the Lord has placed before us.
2. Prayerfully consider giving a gift of $300, $500, $1,000 or any other amount? You can give electronically by clicking "Give a Gift" on this page. Alternatively, you may mail a check, made payable to Cru, to 6445 Whirlwind Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80923. Please write "Fellowship Dinner" in the memo line.
3. Please share our need with others, by sharing this page or by word of mouth.
Your prayers, gifts, and communication of our need are an important part of advancing the mission of making Christ known to every student in the coming year.
Thank you for your partnership in the mission,
Nick & Amy Stapleton
Team Leaders // Southern Colorado Cru