More Ways to Give
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further the mission of Cru. If you are 70½ or older, you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year. Please consult your financial advisor to see if this is a good option for you.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 60% deduction limits (100% for cash gifts during 2020) on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Cru. Fill out this form and send it to your IRA Custodian to release the funds to Cru.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Email, fax, or mail a copy of the completed form to Cru. Doing so will ensure that you receive the correct tax credit and that the proceeds are designated as intended.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
Please note: Many times, IRA checks do not include information about you or your intentions for the gifts. As a result, your gift may not benefit the particular staff or ministry you had in mind if you do not contact us with your specific preference for your gift.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.